Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Still here

I haven't fallen off the bandwagon, although I haven't really been having weight-loss either. My quietness has a reason. I've taken on a lot of responsibilities and now I have a bad headcold. I'm eating raw foods and making a healing herbal tea to help get rid of the cold faster. My knee is still healing, and I'm walking more normally. I still have pain when I try to stand up straight because it puts more pressure on my knee than it can handle. Thank goodness for my knee brace when I need it.

I'm still attending my support group. We attended the temple last week. It was just what I needed. We'll be doing that once a month, and I'm so excited!

I hope all of you are finding success in your own efforts to improve your health!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is so great you are busy and have opportunities for responsibility. Sometimes when you get the ball rolling it is hard to stop! I am currently trying to get off some pounds that have crept up on me, wish me luck! Thanks for your posts on the blog, we should get together!

Brandi said...

Thanks, Bonnie. Sometimes I think I get in over my head. :) I'm sure you'll be successful at getting those pounds off! The absolute best program out there is spiritual in nature and I think you'd enjoy it. A great compliment to it is the book He Did Deliver Me from Bondage by Colleen C. Harrison. Both are 12-step programs that bring you closer to Christ and help you heal. It's amazing, really!

We should get together. I'd say this week would be great, but I'm fighting a head cold. :( Soon, though! I'd love to see you again, and meet your little D in person.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I will look up that book. I am LDS too!

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

Sorry I'm so late in responding, Lisa. It's an amazing book, for sure! Good luck. I look forward to reading more about your journey!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hope your knee feels a lot better soon! It's hard to get side-tracked like that but it sounds like you are still determined to hang in there. Keep making healthy choices. :-)
Path to Health

Rebeca said...

Hope you feel better soon! Sometimes busy is hard, but so much better than bored right :)