Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Perfectionism and True Success

We had a wonderful TLC (The Lasting Change) meeting on Thursday. It was very uplifting and encouraging. Something I've been awakened to, this week in particular, is that it's okay to not appear perfect to others. I've always known it, but it's hard to admit it to myself and then to others. I push the thought away instead of letting it change my heart and mind. Not any more!

In our discussion on Thursday, we talked about this topic a bit. We discussed how some people only write or show their perfect self which can be misleading in a way. I know that I tend to only write on my blog about my successes and not my struggles. It's not just because of my perfectionism, however, even if it has been a one of the reasons in the past. I believe that focusing on my struggles has been a detriment to me. Others would likely see my struggles as me being just like everyone else...a non-perfect person. I'm the first one to admit I am NOT perfect. I want to show my best self though, but sometimes my pride gets in the way. Even though my focus with this blog is not to appear perfect, I am going to focus on the positive since it helps me stay that way!

I can never be perfect on my own. The last few months have opened my eyes to that fact. I no longer can gloss over my knowledge that the only way to be perfect is through my Savior, Jesus Christ. I need to allow Him to work in my life instead of working so hard to do it all by myself. I've never been truly successful without Him, and I never will be. My dependence upon Him needs to be complete and total. If I have power or accomplish anything in this life, it is because of the Lord. He has given me everything, literally. I acknowledge my hand in my failures and His hand in my successes. He is the only way to true, lasting success, and I'm grateful that He continues to help me succeed!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very insightful weekend.