Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prayer of Gratitude

I went to a wonderful conference this weekend for natural-minded moms. I learned so much, and really enjoyed all of the speakers, including Leslie Householder. I bought a book called Meridian Health by Cliff Dunston D.L. It's been very interesting and informative. One of the things that hit me in regards to health is the prayer of gratitude he writes about in his efforts to lose 70 pounds.
"Heavenly Father, I thank Thee for the burden of my fat for it being there to nurture me, to keep me warm, to help me float, it helped me to hide, to disconnect, to understand vain regret, to help me understand the difference between low self-esteem and God given self-worth, to help me understand negative feelings about myself, to help me understand obsessive/compulsive behavior, to help me overcome worry and depression, and to help protect me. And now I give permission to the excess weight to leave because it has served its purpose. I am grateful for all the knowledge and experience that I have gained. I delight, Oh Lord, in Thy ways. I am grateful for how it brought me closer to Thee and how it helped me recognize Thy hand in so many ways. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" (Meridian Health, Dunston, Cliff. (C)2009, p117).

Gratitude is one of the highest forms of worship. I have found it really hard to be grateful for being fat all my life; however, that's the part of me that wants to still be a victim. Instead of taking charge of my life with the Lord's help, I let myself be the victim of my past. Well, not anymore! I have taken charge of my thoughts, feelings, actions, attitudes... I am grateful for my fat and the things it has taught me. I have allowed it to serve its purpose, and I have let it go!

Even though being grateful for fat seems lame or unreasonable, try it anyway. I promise it will help you let go of the weight and move on. Don't rely solely upon the mindset that only a healthy diet and exercise will get you there, because although it's a huge step in the right direction, it's just the beginning. When you change your thoughts you change your life. Admit you rely upon God to help you, and He will be there. Showing Him gratitude for this weight because it has taught you something about yourself and others will help you to let it go...I promise!

5 comments:

S said...

Well...that's a perspective I hadn't thought about before... :o)

Rae said...

What a wonderful post, Brandi!! I'm so glad you shared this!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful post, remember with God everything is possible.

Sandy Hentzel said...

Great post!!! I needed to read this and WTG on the toss!!!

Brandi said...

Thanks, Sandy!