Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, March 30, 2009

Running again!

I finally did it, and started running again today...by myself. It felt so good! Okay, not the by myself part, but the running part. In reality, I walked mostly, but I ran for over a minute three times. That's progress from where I was in December (e.g. no running at all!). I haven't went walking or running for about 6 weeks now. My kids were sick for several weeks, then I got a mild version of what they had (thank goodness it was mild!). Then I got in the habit of not going to bed at a decent hour, getting up early, etc... It's so easy to slip back into old habits! I even tried the eliptical during those 6 weeks, but I just didn't like it. It also broke thanks to a manufacturer's defect, so it was out of commission for several weeks. Even if I had liked it, I couldn't have used it. My sweetheart did get it fixed a weekend ago, so now he has something to exercise on...I have to mention that I'm so proud of my husband, David. He's lost almost 60 pounds since April of last year (2008). He's been running on the eliptical for about an hour each time. It's been wonderful to be losing unwanted baggage together! We both look and feel better...which helps me feel more like a lovable woman instead of a...well, I'm not going there anymore!

My weight has been around the same number on the scale for about a week or so. I have managed to still go down a pound or so every week or two, but it's not what I want to see happening. I want to see about two pounds per week! I'm going to work harder to get myself back where I need to be. I'm so glad to be fitting into size 16 dresses and 18 pants though. Almost all of my clothes hang on me. I finally bought a pair of pants that fit me well, and my sweet friend gave me a couple of pair as well. I went shopping at a local thrift store and it was so nice to have a huge section I could shop in instead of being limited to 5-6 racks. I'm so excited for when I'm even thinner and have more variety because there are more clothes in the smaller sizes! I don't want to buy a completely new wardrobe yet. Maybe I can borrow a wardrobe, after all, it's only temporary! lol

Something else that I'm excited about is that one of my walking partners may be able to go walking with me again, so I won't be alone! I'm going to continue whether or not she can walk/run with me, but it's so nice to talk to someone. I also really can't wait for the snow to be gone so I can do it outside with the birds chirping and the sun rising! It'll be not too long now! I may have to borrow a neighbor's dog if I'm by myself, and that would ensure I'd be running more!

9 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

"so I can do it outside with the birds chirping and the sin rising!>"

Wow, that's some neighborhood you have there. LOL You are doing an awesome job! Keep making healthy choices.
Path to Health

Mary said...

I usually workout alone, it sounds nice that you have a walking partner! Maybe I should try to "chat up" someone at my gym LOL.
And great job on the run!!

Brandi said...

hahaha I was typing fast. I fixed my error and it now reads, "sun rising." Thanks Mama Bear June!

Sheryl said...

I love walking partners. I know I walk more when I have one.

S said...

Great job Brandi! :o)

Bonnie said...

I love it that you do several different things when you exercize. That you try different ones etc...I give up sometimes because I can never seem to pin down what I like to do. Good motivation for me.

Brandi said...

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I totally need them and greatly appreciate them! I feel like a slacker sometimes because I don't comment on others' progress as much as I'd like to. I'm happy to just read them sometimes. lol

Clay said...

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Sounds like you're doing great! I noticed your new pic on face book and it looks like you're making tremendous progress. I know it can be frustrating when you don't loose as fast as you'd like - but keep it up!

Brandi said...

Thanks Clay!