Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

They zipped up!

EEEEEK! I could hardly believe it! I tried on size 18w jeans and they fit perfectly! I haven't been size 18 pants, let alone jeans, in over 10 years. I went shopping for a few necessities last night while the kids were in bed. I rarely have the chance to try on clothes because the kids are always with me. I jumped at the chance in my kid-less state. Normally I dread trying on clothes because I was always frustrated that they were so big or looked unflattering on me. I decided to try on two sizes: 20w and 18w. I knew the size 20 pair would fit, so I put them on first. I was pleasantly surprised that I still had plenty of extra space around the waist. I got a bit more excited to try on the 18's, but I still didn't think they'd fit well. As I slipped them on, I realized that my undergarments (which are also way too big) were a bit bulky. I pulled the pants up and easily buttoned and zipped up the pants even with the extra bulk. I tried not to scream in the middle of the store. I called my husband to tell him because I couldn't contain it! I walked on cloud nine all through the store. Nothing bothered me the rest of the night. It's the little things that can really help us stay positive and keep going.

I didn't realize that I could go down 2 pants sizes by losing 15-20 pounds. I've lost 15 pounds since December (it could be more but my family's been ill the last week and a half), but I've lost 25 pounds since April of 2007 (when I found out I was pregnant with #5). I wonder why I took so long to choose this path...

I'm so happy and grateful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me so abundantly. He's my rock and guide. He hasn't ever left me alone, and He's always there to keep me going. I know I cannot do it without Him--believe me, I've tried!

If you ever feel like giving up, rely on His strength and guidance to get you through and He will be there--you just have to let Him in.

8 comments:

Katie said...

CONGRATULATION! That is wonderful progress! Way to go! whoo hoo!
I love your testimony, sister! :)

Brandi said...

Thanks, Katie! For some reason I didn't realize it was you. I looked at your blog and said, "Hey, I know her in person!" lol I'm trying to keep up on everyone, but I find it nearly impossible. You know what I mean. I'll keep your blog in my reader from now on!

Hanlie said...

That is wonderful progress, Brandi! Well done!

Deborah Raymond said...

YEAHHHHHHH! That's me cheering you on. Good job Brandi.

Unknown said...

Great progress! It feels good when you start seeing those non scale victories!

Brandi said...

Thanks ladies!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hooray! Congrats on the smaller size!
Path to Health

Sandy Hentzel said...

I had one of those almost scream moments. It does feel sooo good.

Keep up the great work!