Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, January 19, 2009

Never give up!

It seems obstacles will always get in the way of the path to better health (or better anything for that matter), but it only really gets in the way if I let them. I really can't complain about my obstacles. Recently, I've only had a head cold (I may just be detoxing), another tooth infection, exhaustion, and a jammed pinkie toe. I have several close friends who have bigger obstacles like kidney stones, gallbladder attacks, stomach cramps, pregnancy, and knee problems (okay I have this one, but a brace works for me). I cannot complain at all! I could be experiencing much worse things.

What is absolutely awesome is that despite the challenges among my close friends, they keep on going! Think: "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We Swim! Swim!" (I love Finding Nemo!) They're not giving up their goals of losing weight and feeling great. They know that the way they felt before they began this journey was not the way they want to continue to feel. Instead of helplessness and hopelessness, they now feel empowered and hope-full! I feel the same way. Just as they are pressing forward and stepping up to the challenges, so am I! I've never been as determined as I am right now to get healthy. I'm happy with who I am in this moment, knowing that there's always room for improvement. I love myself now, and I am finally willing to do what it takes to keep it that way. That takes work!

Everything is relative. It is a natural law. All our experiences and circumstances "just are." They are only positive or negative if we label them that way. I'm doing my best to respond to potential negative things with trying to find the positive in them. I'm not quite sure what the positive aspect of my obstacles are yet, but I know that something good will come of them because that's also a natural law (polarity). As bad as they may seem, there's that much good in them too.

The growing process takes time and energy. There are always going to be challenges and obstacles. Never give up! It'll be worth it in the end!

* My next post: The Importance of Vision *

7 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

So true, so true! Glad you are continuing in the journey up and over those obstacles.
Path to Health

Shiloah Baker said...

It will be worth it in the end! I love that song on Finding Nemo too! Dori is my fav! ;)

Hanlie said...

I couldn't agree more! I'm also at that place now... it just feels right for me.

Katie said...

You are right....don't give up! Every time I try to get healthy, the big bad dude tries even harder to stop me. Imagine how much more good we could do if we experienced optimum health!
Love the blog, Brandi!
:)

Diana Swallow said...

I so hear that little fish in my head when I need to keep going!

Don't give up! You're so right there will always be challenges in life and it will be worth it, YOU are worth it!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Fabulous post! And great attitude! I completely agree!!!

Brandi said...

Thanks, KK!