Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Grateful Moment

I finally got on the treadmill today. I walked about 16 minutes on it, and I ran for 2 of them. It felt so good! I was more focused and happy today. I NEED to do it more often and for longer too. I would have walked longer, except that the bridges of my feet were hurting abnormally. I'm going to try wearing my orthotics tomorrow to see if it will help. I certainly don't need stress fractures or injured feet. The knee issue was more than enough.

My oldest 2 girls were watching me pretty much the whole time. I normally would have been so self-conscious, but I didn't even care this time. They wanted to try it, but I told them they could go on a walk together instead. They were okay with that choice and went on a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood.

I just about jumped in the shower this morning instead of walking. The Spirit whispered that I should try walking/running first. If I hadn't done it, I would have missed out on some exercise and an opportunity to be an example to my girls. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the inspiration to do this one little thing for myself today. It impacted more than just me!

1 comments:

Rae said...

Thank you Brandi for this beautiful post!! Such a good example!!!!!! You have given me motivation!