Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, October 23, 2009

Update and Help Karsen

I've been MIA on this blog. I've not been in a good place emotionally. That's why I choose not to write about myself and my struggles. I've been emotionally eating too, so I've been fluctuating up and down about 7 pounds from my lowest of 182. I've been in a better mindset the last few days, and I really don't want to give up. Avoiding my sugar addiction has been one of the biggest reasons why I haven't gained everything back and more. I can't go back!

So anyway, I wanted to share this here too. It's on my personal blog too, so sorry if you've read it already. :) I have been deeply touched by the story of Karsen Mery. His mother, Nicole, was my up-line for Mary Kay when I was considering selling the products myself (why I'm not is a long story that I may tell someday, but it has nothing to do with the people or company). Nicole is a doll, and so sweet! When I heard of her son being injured in a lawnmower accident I was so sad! Then when I found out the extent of his injuries, I wanted to just cry for her and her baby! Reading her updates has amazed and inspired me. Heavenly Father has truly blessed this family for good, even when it seems there wasn't good to be had in such a situation.

My husband has been unemployed until recently, but I've wanted to help Nicole and her family somehow, besides prayers of course! So, I'm holding an Usborne Book eShow (online catalog party) and will give all profits to Karsen's trust fund to help pay for surgeries and such. (It's my understanding that Nicole and her husband both are self-employed which means they are paying out of pocket for Karsen's medical expenses.)

Click here to start browsing or, continue reading for some of my family's favorites from Usborne. The eShow ends October 28th!

If you know nothing about Usborne books, well, you're in for a treat! I've had many books bought and used by my kids, but the Usborne books have been by far their overall favorites. The books are so colorful and fun! The illustrations are gorgeous and engaging. The books are quality made as well!

My baby adores the touch and feel books, like:


That's Not My Bear



That's Not My Frog



Find the Duck

Many of the baby books have "find the duck" activities on every page. In the case of the touch and feel "Not My..." series, there's a mouse instead of a duck.

Even the phonics books have "find the duck." They do come individually too, not just in a set!


Library Phonics Readers


My girls all love the princess, fairy, and girly books!


Fairy Cooking



Sticker Dolly Dressing Dolls



Library Fabulous Fiction Set



How to Draw Princesses and Ballerinas



Illustrated Fairy Tales



Fairy Things to Make and Do Kid Kit


My oldest son (he's 6) loves books like:


Usborne Illustrated Stories for Boys



Big Cats, Bugs, Dinosaurs, Knights, and Whales and Dolphins



The Butterfly, 1001 Bugs to Spot, In the Pond, and Under the Ground



The Great Dinosaur Search


We love these books for our school. There are many combined volumes that save you money as well as have the references in one spot!


Illustrated Dictionary of Science

This is a combined volume, and the library binding is worth the extra money! The concepts taught in this book are easy to understand without being boring like a textbook!



Understanding Your Body



See Inside Your Body


And there aren't just books, but kid kits to go with the books to make the book more interactive and fun:


Many of the informational books are also Internet Linked. Usborne goes through a lot of trouble to ensure that the websites they link to are safe and about the topic they are referencing.

Again, ALL PROFIT from this eShow will be donated to the Karsen Mery Trust Fund. If you'd like to read more about this amazing, strong little boy and his family, you can find updates here: http://karsenmery.blogspot.com. If you're interested, there is a 5K run on October 24th to benefit this family as well, you can find details here: http://www.runkarsenrun.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

You are invited to an Usborne Books eShow to explore the world of Usborne Books. A child's interest in reading and learning is stimulated by the lavish illustrations and informative content. There are over 1300 bright, colorful and fun titles covering activities, puzzles and a wide range of subjects for children of all ages.

Now is a great time to get Christmas gifts out of the way and benefit someone else in the process! Please send this to others you know as well! All orders will be shipped to your home through Usborne--the books kids love to read!

Usborne Book eShow
Hostess: Brandi Palmer
Where:http://www.ubah.com/HOS149882
When: Today thru Wednesday, 10/28/2009 11:59:00 PM

Everyone is welcome, so invite a friend!

It's a rewarding experience when a child opens a book and discovers the magic of reading.

1 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hey, there! Didn't realize you are an Usborne consultant, too. How long have you been with the company? I joined up in 1997. Still have my website, but pulled way back on my biz a few years ago. Just read Karsen's story. Holy crap! Can't imagine the momma guilt on that one. :-( Hope your eshow earns them lots of money.
Path to Health