Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My deepest fear

"[My] deepest fear is not that [I] am inadequate. [My] deepest fear is that [I am] powerful beyond measure. It is [my] light, not [my] darkness that most frightens [me]. [I] ask [myself], Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who [am I] not to be? [I am] a child of God. [My] playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around [me]. [I am] meant to shine, as children do. [I was] born to make manifest the glory of God that is within [me]. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as [I] let [my] own light shine, [I] unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As [I am] liberated from [my] own fear, [my] presence automatically liberates others."

My adaptation of a quote by Marianne Williamson (see reference below).


So what's your greatest fear?



Original Quote Reference:
Our Deepest Fear Poem by Marianne Williamson

Williamson, Marianne. A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles".
Harper Paperbacks, 1996, pp190-191.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My greatest fear currently is that I am unlovable.

Brandi said...

I hope you know that you are lovable! Something I had to realize a long time ago was that I had to be the kind of person that I was trying to attract into my life. I had to be that person first, and then I attracted those kind of people into my life. I didn't realize it at the time, but it's a law of nature. It seriously works...all of the time. Sometimes it takes time for us to see it happening, but it is happening as long as we keep working at it. Thinking positively about yourself and being happy with your life now as well as being grateful for it--even when it was hard--makes all the difference. There is always good in the bad, even if we can't see it. That is how we grow. Think of your journey as a path to strength and growth. We stay in the same unhappy place until we decide to change, and you've already been doing that. Way to go!